Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Washing We Will Go!


So, I had this genius idea to make a little wash-cloth pocket for bar soap. Ya'know, so it will lather up nice without slipping away. It actually worked out pretty well. BUT! You have to wring out the washcloth when you are done, or it kinda fuses to the soap, and neither dry. I think to upgrade this, if I make it again, I would  add a sort of plastic lining that has small holes in it.

Here's what I did:
I took a hand towel and measured around the large bar of soap my husband likes to use.
I cut an over-sized strip from the hand towel and hemmed the raw edges.
Then I folded one side over, so it would come to the top of the soap edge. I (took out the soap), held it in place and stitched the edges down (with a machine).
Then I folded the top of my "envelope" down enough to hold the soap in, but allow me to get it in and out, and I stitched it down.
The End.
  If you want more details on exactly what I did, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment