Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Painting Pots

I know this is nothing new, but I sure do love painting (though I'm not fantastic at it), and this week some Terra cotta pots have fallen into my hands (via the 99 cent store) and I have had trouble finding pictures to reproduce onto their curvature. When I do find images I like, I can only take pictures with my phone. Trying to paint from a picture on my phone, with the back light going off after 30 seconds, and locking after 45 seconds is incredibly tedious!! I was trying to upload the pictures from my phone, but it is apparently hemorrhaging from all the extra attention.
 This teal pot is unfinished, I have only really worked on the petals. The stems are only there for spacing, mostly; I haven't begun to shade them at all. And there is one more side that has no flowers at all...yet.

 I was going for a watercolor kind of look. Definitely not my forte. I think I may have liked it better before I added the brown sketches. I got the idea from a plate at Target.

This last one is unfinished, obviously. I have only done the background and the lip. But I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment