Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Cheap decor

If you are on Pinterest, and interested in DIY projects @ crafts, you've likely seen the painted jars & vases making the rounds. I had some shelves with nothing to top them, save some un-coordinating teacups & saucers and I thought this would be the perfect addition. Best part is: I can use whatever colors I want to coordinate with the existing decor. So I used acrylic paint because it's all I've got laying around. It didn't move very well, so I added a small amount of water. In some cases it worked great, in others it created bubbles that dried fine. I had one case in which the watered part dried up & evaporated leaving a clear stripe on each side. I've read of some people using latex paint. Anyway, they look great! I found the glass vases at Michaels, Hobby Lobby and the 99 cent store. I don't think I paid more than $1.50 for any of them. Simple decor for a dollar or more!

No comments:

Post a Comment